Left Out Liberal

A left-wing/liberal look at the UK's General Election of 2005.

Monday, May 02, 2005

Bank Holiday Blues

A day off for most people, but the politicians continue to press on relentless. It's a shame there are some big stories today, since most people won't be paying much attention to the news. Greg Dyke has condemned Tony Blair and urged a vote for the Lib Dems.

Iraq is still bubbling, especially with the news this morning that a British soldier has been killed in action there. I suspect all parties will avoid this one for fear of looking insensitive, but to the rest of us it's just one further message of the failure of this war.

I have a busy few days ahead of revision and exams, so my postings may be few and far between until the 5th. In the meantime, I would just like to say thank you to everyone who has visited this blog so far - 1,500 visits and counting - and I hope you have enjoyed it. I still don't know whether to continue for more than a few days after the election, so words of encouragement or discouragement on that score would be welcome!

Have a nice day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home